Winter Berry Brownies
So blueberries and strawberries aren’t technically winter berries, but, I was feeling festive (who else is missing Christmas :( ) and used white chocolate, so that is a short and simple explanation of the winter theme.
These are vegan brownies, should you choose to use vegan chocolate, and taste insane- I usually HATE chocolate protein powder- I am one of those people that only likes about two brands of chocolate, and it needs to be REAL chocolate ( fair play to those that can make do with the substitutes !)- however the one I use from Awesome Supplements is incredible and is well worth a try. I have tried Sun Warrior too and that’s also great (shout out to my sister for giving me hers!)
ANYWAY I promised myself I wouldn’t ramble on recipe posts (‘ just give me the instructions and the macros dammit!’)
Ingredients (makes 10 brownies)
1 Cup /110g vegan protein powder (I used awesome supplements LINK HERE)
7 medjool dates
1 cup / 300ml of almond milk ( this can vary so add slowly)
2 Tbsp coconut flour
60g white chocolate
1. Using a blender / food processor, chuck the dates in with about ¼ cup of the milk.
2. Once these are beginning to blend , add the oats.
3. Again, once these are beginning to blend add the protein powder , the coconut flour, and another ¼ cup of milk.
4. Keep adding the milk until it forms a dough like texture. At this point transfer to a chopping board. (At this stage I recommend putting it in the freezer for half an hour as it makes the process in point 5 a bit easier).
5. Roll out the lump of dough ( I just use a normal rolling pin).
6. Melt the chocolate ( will add a tutorial for a quick and easy way to do this!), spread across the dough ( I use a knife, just as you would spread butter onto toast).
7. Put in the fridge
Macros per serving – without the berries (Makes 10)
#foodporn #iifym #foodie #food #foodblogger #Vegan #Veganuary #weightlossjourney #Iifym #Girlsthatlift #Nutrition #Nutritionist #Diet #fatloss #weightloss #Mindset #Fitfam #Health #Healthyfood #Motivation #Fitspiration #Blog #Onlinecoach #Girlgains #strength #strong #fitgirlsofIG #foodforfuel #weightlifting #crossfit