Snack guilt free !
Updated: Sep 19, 2018
Its all too easy
You are exhausted after a long day , and FINALLY you get to settle down in front of the tv.
Suddenly you get distracted
Oh, that bag of minstrels looks nice
“I’ll just have a couple” you tell yourself
Half an hour later you look down, the whole bag has been demolished
Photo cred: Protein Pow
Its so easy to reach for the junk food after a long hard day at work- remember fatigue increases these cravings…
..and actually if you are watching TV while eating it, is a pretty big issue for fat loss; many studies have shown that having a meal whilst distracted increases the amount you eat, so do be mindful of this
In terms of snacks – as I have said before it is very much out of site , out of mind- not having junk in the house at all is the best way forward (if you REALLY want that dream body, don’t make it harder for yourself!), but there are a few techniques for making it easier to dodge the junk if this isn’t an option, and this is covered in another blog (link here)
BUT I have put some fantastic snack options below , that won’t ruin all that hard work!
I regularly send my clients snack recipes, and they are free to email me any time to ask my opinion of certain snacks - if this is something you believe would help you, lets chat ! I offer free, no obligation transformation sessions, simply fill in the form here, and I will be in touch asap :)
1. Make your own treats! I know bake off is causing a few cravings here (side note here I would recommend eating dinner just before :) ) So I have put a few recipe links here for Rocky Road Bars and a Chocolate Protein Mousse
2. Protein yoghurt – Arla do some great ones
3. Lean meats such as chicken and turkey- a great trick here is to get some low fat cream cheese , spread on the meat and roll up
4. Fruit- raspberries, blueberries and strawberries are brilliant here
5. Veggies such as celery, carrots and peppers, with dips such as hummus and guacamole ( just be wary of portion control here, as owing to their fat content they are pretty high in calories!)
6. Proper corn! If popcorn is absolutely the only thing you want- have it! This version is delicious and if you buy the individual sized bags you aren’t going to undo all your hard work! They are also delicious ( I have to admit I was sceptical before trying and was proven completely wrong) and can easily be found in most supermarkets.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me :)
#foodie #food #foodblogger #cleaneating #Protein #weightlossjourney #fitnessjourney #Girlsthatlift #Nutrition #Nutritionist #Diet #fatloss #weightloss #eatclean #Fitfam #Health #Healthyfood #Bikinibody #StAlbans #Harpenden #Radlett #Mealplan #Onlinecoach #Hertfordshire #fitnessmotivation #healthylifestyle #nutritiontips #macros #recipe #mealprep #fat #lowcarb #lowsugar