Rocky Road Bars
When was the last time those tubs of mini cakes did the rounds of your office?
Each time you are left with 2 choices:
You either don’t have one and feel deprived and resentful ( of the cakes and the person who innocently offered them!)
You cave and have four.
I’ve got a healthier bar to replace those cakes and the inner conflict! These are MUCH lower in carbs and MUCH higher in protein , which means your cravings will be satisfied, so you won’t be running off for another sweet treat an hour later (and having to deal with the associated guilt- just what you need on top of everything else!).
This is a protein pow recipe- if you don’t already, I highly recommend you give them a follow if you enjoy making sweet treats.
Let me know how you get on!
30g peanut butter
35g Vanilla Casein ( can also use @awesomesupps vegan protein)
90g Chocolate whey
20g no added sugar marshmallows
50g dark chocolate
Almond milk (*approx. 150 ml- see below)
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: No cooking but 30 mins in freezer!
1. If, like me, you can only get hold of the big marshmallows, roughly chop these ( scissors also work!).
2. Combine the oats, casein, whey and marshmallows.
3. Now add the peanut butter , and slowly add in the milk( * this will need to be added slowly as it goes very sticky very quickly).
4. At this point, move the lump of dough onto a chopping board. As I said above , the dough will be a bit sticky, so A couple of tips from this point:
I) Add a small amount of coconut flour .
II) Leave in the freezer for half an hour and go off and do something else!
5. Roll out the dough- chuck some flour on the rolling pin.
6. Melt the chocolate- easily done in the microwave- link here.
7. Spread the chocolate on the dough- just as you would spread butter on toast.
8. The chocolate will set almost instantly if the dough has been in the freezer, so you can cut this into 8 bars or squares very soon after.
9. Store this in the fridge!
#foodie #food #foodblogger #cleaneating #Protein #weightlossjourney #fitnessjourney #Girlsthatlift #Nutrition #Nutritionist #Diet #fatloss #weightloss #eatclean #Fitfam #Health #Healthyfood #Bikinibody #StAlbans #Harpenden #Radlett #Mealplan #Onlinecoach #Hertfordshire #fitnessmotivation #healthylifestyle #nutritiontips #macros #recipe #mealprep #fat #lowcarb #Healthysnacks #Lowcarb #lowsugar #fatloss #femalefatloss