Pasta Prawns Pil-Pil
My Twist on the Spanish dish Prawns Pil-Pil (or Gambas Pil Pil)- ready in 10 minutes!
I am a huge fan of prawns- they are a fantastic source of protein , whilst being low in calories- per 100g they work out at 80 calories and 18g protein. Compare this to 12% fat beef mince at 206 calories per 100g – with 25g protein, although per gram this is a higher protein source prawns are so much lower in calories, you can have a lot more!
I also love Spanish food , and I don’t need to tell you how much healthier the Mediterranean’s are than us- and part of the reason is that they LOVE their food, and use so many incredible flavours, to keep you satisfied, so you consume less.
I used the dish Prawn Pil Pil , and turned it into a quick pasta dish.
Precooked frozen prawns also only take 5 minutes to cook- so this is a mid-week winner. In total this dish takes 10 minutes.
· 15ml Olive oil ( can also use 10g butter)
· 1 clove garlic
· 155g prawns ( defrosted in cold water)
· 70g pasta (dry weight)
· Chilli flakes
· Kale/broccoli/spinach (whichever you prefer)
1. Add the pasta to a pot of boiling water
2. Fry the garlic and chilli flakes in the butter for 3 minutes
3. Add the prawns,cook for a further 5 minutes
4. If using vegetables that need to be boiled, add these to the pot of pasta- once both are cooked, drain
5. Add the pasta and veg to the prawn mixture ( this should turn to a medium heat)
6. Stir through for about 30 seconds, adding paprika, salt and pepper to taste