Honey-mustard Chicken Bacon Salad
You know when you want a ‘diet’ meal (low carb, low calorie etc) that actually tastes like you have had a lot of food? …
.. I have one for you here!
The reason why this one is so filling is that it is super high in protein – 60g per serving!- and fibre, both of which add bulk to the food, meaning you get full quicker and stay that way for a long time- meaning you wont feel deprived, hungry and reaching for that chocolate bar come 4pm! In fact, all the clients that follow my plan have, at least once, complained that they are struggling to get through the food , as there is so much of it! Protein is also essential for muscle building and ensuring we are losing fat on a diet , rather than muscle.
This one is really easy to prepare with minimal cooking and cleaning up, and will cover 4 meals . Prep the chicken, bacon and eggs beforehand ( which takes 15 minutes, if that) for a busy week, then all you need to do is grab your bag of salad on the day. It doesn’t even really need the avocado if you are in a rush, although it is amazing in this dish and adds extra fats into the mix (for further info on why fats don't make you fat- read this blog).
Just a note here that I cook the chicken and bacon in the same pan- I do this because :
1) It saves on washing up!
2) The flavour from each of the meats enhances the other , so it tastes better without having to add any extra calories
There are so many things you can add to this should you want to- think potatoes, beetroot, guacamole... if you want any more ideas, contact me!
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
640g Chicken breast (I use mini fillets- as they don’t need to be cut up)
4 slices smoked streaky bacon
2 baby avocados (one large one would also be fine)
4 medium eggs
Mixed salad leaves or spinach
(To serve : 15ml of low calorie honey and mustard dressing (I use this one here) per serving)
1) Add the butter to a large pot or frying pan then add the chicken , and fry until it is cooked through, stirring the chicken so that it breaks apart and forms a shredded chicken consistency.
2) Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the pan and add the bacon, frying until cooked, then add the chicken back in
3) Whilst the chicken is cooking . bring a pot of water to a simmer , carefully add the eggs to the water so they don’t crack ( made that mistake several times!) and let cook for nine minutes. Remove these from the water with a tablespoon and add to a bowl of cold water.
4) Grab your bag of salad and avocado, remove the shell from the egg, pour on the dressing and you are DONE.
476 Kcals ( take the egg or avocado out and it goes down to 400!)
#foodie #food #foodblogger #cleaneating #Protein #weightlossjourney #fitnessjourney #Girlsthatlift #Nutrition #Nutritionist #Diet #fatloss #weightloss #eatclean #Fitfam #Health #Healthyfood #Bikinibody #StAlbans #Harpenden #Mealplan #Onlinecoach #Hertfordshire #fitnessmotivation #healthylifestyle #nutritiontips #macros #recipe #mealprep #fat #lowcarb