Honey Butter Salmon
Updated: Apr 4, 2018
This is one of my favourite low carb meals.
The salmon is high in omega 3 – an area which I will cover in my Fat blog, which I will release in the next few weeks. The honey and butter caramelize to make this dish feel super indulgent- just what you want on a low carb day! A note here, make sure the salmon is completely covered in the foil, or the honey will burn ( Learned this the hard way :) ).
1 Salmon Fillet
10g ( 2 tsp) Kerrygold Butter
10g (2 tsp) Honey
One clove of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 190c
2. Place a sheet of foil on a baking tray, large enough to complete cover the salmon
3. Place a small saucepan on a medium heat, and add the butter, honey and garlic, until the butter has melted
4. Place the salmon on the foil
5. Pour over the butter-honey sauce, using a basting brush to push the sauce back onto the salmon
6. Completely cover the salmon with the foil
7. Bake for 15 minutes