Curried cod and chips
Curry and chips on a diet? in the same sentence?
Cod is a source of lean protein, meaning you get a feeling of fullness super quick into a meal, so that you eat less AND feel more satisfied, and is also excellent way of ensuring that we hang onto lean muscle and ditch the fat.
The chips are sweet potato, which also helps us feel full, whilst giving us that carb hit J
The reason I added curry flavouring to this dish is to ensure we are getting the most out of our food and enjoying it- if we don’t enjoy our food when dieting- we wont stick to the diet, and we will go back to the same weight we were before.
Recipes like this ensure we don’t feel deprived, resentful and makes us fall BACK in love with food! If you want to be able to have this in your life AND lose weight AND keep it off, I can help you. i offer free 30 minute transformation sessions , click here, fill in the form and I will be in touch!
530g Sweet potato ( this is roughly 2 sweet potatoes)
250g Cod fillets
2 red onions , sliced
15ml Olive oil
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp garlic
Big pinch of salt
1. Pre heat the oven to 180c
2. Wash the potatoes and cut into cubes, add into a oven proof dish with the red onions , throw the oil on top and place in the oven for 25 mins
3. 10 mins from end of cooking, toss the fish in the curry powder, paprika, garlic powder and salt so both sides are covered.
4. Spray a pan with low/no calorie cooking spray, and on a medium heat, fry the cod on one side for 5 mins, then turn over and fry the other side.
5. When everything is cooked , chuck the cod on top of the veg, and serve :)