Chorizo Chicken and Pesto Traybake
Updated: May 30, 2018
Another super tasty and easy meal prep-highly recommend this one for a busy lunchtime, as can be easily reheated in the microwave.
This is actually one of Joe Wick's recipes, which I have modified and calculated the macros for , as Joe doesn't use these in his recipes.
This recipe is extremely versatile; you can keep the pesto in or remove it- I have demonstrated the impact this adjustment has to the macros, at the bottom of this page.
You can also add new potatoes, peppers, garnish with lemon slices etc, so experiment and let me know how you get on, and I am always here if you would like any help or suggestions with this !
Ingredients (Serves 4)
640g Chicken Mini Fillets (size available in most supermarkets)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
4 Tbsp Pesto
60g Cooking Chorizo
1 head of Cauliflower, cut into their florets
335g bag of Cherry tomatoes
8 big handfuls of spinach
1 red onion , cut into wedges
4 sprigs of thyme
1. Preheat oven to 180c and allow to heat up for about 5 minutes
2. Pour the oil into a roasting tray, leave in the oven for 10 minutes
3. Add the chicken and the cauliflower, so that the cauliflower is around the chicken, rather than on top of it. Leave for another 10 minutes
4. Add the thyme, onion and chorizo and cook for another 15 minutes
5. Add the tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes
6. Add the spinach and spoonfuls of pesto
7. Serve !
Macros (With Pesto)
Macros (Without Pesto)
This is one of many delicious dishes that features in my client's meal plans- if you would like me to help you on your journey to becoming the best possible version of you, whilst still having a LIFE any enjoying amazing food- please don't hesitate to get in contact- I am easily reached via social media (links at the top of the page) or via email ( please visit my contact page)
#foodporn #iifym #foodie #food #foodblogger #cleaneating #Protein #weightlossjourney #Iifym #Girlsthatlift #Nutrition #Nutritionist #Diet #fatloss #weightloss #eatclean #Fitfam #Health #Healthyfood #Motivation #Fitspiration #Blog #Onlinecoach #lifestyle #strong#fitness #healthychoices #nutritiontips #macros #recipe