Pasta for fat loss!
This quick, flavourful and filling dish keeps you ON track with your fat loss goals- without cutting out carbs!
The recipe for this Chicken Arrabbiata dish is below. How to successfully include carbs into your diet, so we can eliminate those feelings of deprivation, resentment AND temptation, is one of the focus points of my FREE workshop ‘Confused about Carbs’ . It is taking place on the 17th April at HIIT Kitchen St Albans, from 6:30pm, in partnership with Fitness First St Albans. We have a few slots remaining, so if you would like a space, send me a message TODAY.
Ingredients ( 4 Portions)
400g Chicken breast, chopped into chunks
2x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
80g pitted olives
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
3 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
1 red chilli, finely sliced
½ pack of basil, chopped roughly
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan on a high heat, then add the garlic and chilli for 2 minutes.
2. Drop heat down to a simmer and add the chopped tomatoes
3. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. (At the 10 minute mark , add the pasta to a pot of boiling water.)
4. Meanwhile, heat the butter at a high heat in a separate pan and add the chicken. Fry until cooked all the way through
5. Once the sauce has reached the 20 minute mark, stir in the olives and basil.
6. Add in the chicken and drained pasta, add salt and pepper, to taste, and serve on a bed of spinach