Beef Chow Mein
If you wanted a Chinese takeaway without the calories and guilt, read on!
This is excellent to use as a meal for four (think Friday night in with your friends or family) , or as a 4 day meal prep for one :).
Let me know how you get on!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
· Half a thumb sized piece of ginger, finely sliced
· One clove of garlic , finely sliced
· 2 carrots, sliced
· 1 red onion, sliced
· 2 Red peppers , sliced
· 1 beef stock cube
· 3 Nests of fine egg noodles
· 400g packet of Bean sprouts
· 400g Beef Strips- a lean cut of steak would work fine but this would obviously make prep time a bit longer
· 10ml vegetable oil
· 3 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
· 1 tbsp Light Soy sauce
1. Boil noodles as per instructions on packet. Once drained, add a splash of soy sauce
2. Heat a wok over a high heat and put in the ginger and garlic. Stir fry for one minute, then reduce the heat slightly and add the beef, stir frying as per the packet instructions- this should take about 4 minutes.
3. Once this is done remove the ginger, garlic and beef from the pan, and add the carrots; stir fry these for about 2 minutes
4. Add the pepper and the red onion. Stir fry for another 3 minutes.
5. Add the bean sprouts for a further 2 minutes
6. Add back in the steak and the noodles, crumble in the stock cube and add the oyster sauce, and mix in well for another 1-2 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper , and serve
If you want more recipes like this, an education on how to eat great food and still get your dream body- then MyType might be for you. Don't forget that I offer no-obligation free 30 minute consultations, so let's have a chat! Contact me here, or reach me via my social media channels, links to which are at the top of the page .
#foodie #food #foodblogger #cleaneating #Protein #weightlossjourney #fitnessjourney #Girlsthatlift #Nutrition #Nutritionist #Diet #fatloss #weightloss #eatclean #Fitfam #Health #Healthyfood #Bikinibody #StAlbans #harpenden #Mealplan #Onlinecoach #lifestyle #fitnessmotivation #healthychoices #nutritiontips #macros #recipe #mealprep #fakeaway